I'm a slacker. This I know. It's been a very long time since I last published an update about Jill and the twins. In my defense, I have been on the phone to many friends and family. But, it's past time... So, let's start with some numbers:
- Today is 35.2 - That means that today is the second day of the 36th week of this pregnancy.
- On average, twins are born after 36 weeks gestation (of 36.0). That would be next Wednesday (3/5).
- Full term for twins is considered 37 weeks gestation, which would be a week from next Wednesday (3/12).
- And, if labor hasn't started by about 38 and a half weeks, it is usually induced. That would be the first day of Spring, Friday, 3/21.
- For reference, a full-term singleton pregnancy is 40 weeks, which is why our official due date is actually 4/2.