Hunter and Gracie turned two months old, today. To celebrate, we took them to the doctor for a checkup. The kids both received excellent marks from the doctor, and a poke in each leg from the nurse - one poke for DTP (diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis), another poke for Hib (bacterial meningitis). Objections were heard and tears were shed. But, Mom and Dad had bottles ready to help ease the pain.
For the insanely curious, both babies grew overnight. Here are their new dimensions:
- Weight: 10 pounds, 11.5 ounces (25th percentile)
- Length: 21.75 inches (10th percentile)
- Head: 37.75 cm (10th percentile)
- Weight: 10 pounds, 14 ounces (50th percentile)
- Length: 22.25 inches (50th percentile)
- Head: 39 cm (50-75th percentile)
In other words, Hunter gained half an ounce on Gracie overnight! Oh, and note that the differences in percentiles are due to the differences in gender. Boys are usually bigger than girls. Also, it is important to point out that the percentiles are based on full-term singleton babies, which makes Gracie's size that much more amazing!
Finally, we keep adding shots to our gallery
. Here are a couple of the latest: